Need help getting your accounting in order? We are certified to provide a deep level of support and guidance using accounting software such as QuickBooks. Work with our team of ProAdvisors to clean up and organize your books so that you can operate them as efficiently as possible.
Running a business comes with a lot of challenges. That's why we employ ProAdvisors who are eager to provide expert advice and guidance tailored to your needs. Enjoy peace of mind knowing that one of our pros is watching the books so that you can keep growing your business.
Looking for something specific? Check out some of the links below to learn more about some common questions and concerns.
There are several types of accounting software available, including:
1. Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems: These are comprehensive software systems that manage and integrate all the business processes within an organization. They typically include modules for financial management, human resources, supply chain management, and customer relationship management.
2. Small business accounting software: These are software systems designed specifically for small businesses. They usually include features like invoicing, expense tracking, and tax preparation.
3. Online accounting software: These are cloud-based software systems that can be accessed from any device with an internet connection. They often offer collaboration and real-time data updating features.
4. Nonprofit accounting software: These are software systems designed specifically for nonprofit organizations. They typically include features like grant management, donor management, and budgeting.
5. Project-based accounting software: These are software systems designed specifically for businesses that bill clients for their time and expenses. They often include features like time and expense tracking, project budgeting, and invoicing.
6. Manufacturing accounting software: These are software systems designed specifically for manufacturing businesses. They usually include features like production scheduling, inventory management, and cost accounting.
7. Construction accounting software: These are software systems designed specifically for construction businesses. They often include features like job cost tracking, project management, and subcontractor management.
8. Retail accounting software: These are software systems designed specifically for retail businesses. They usually include features like point-of-sale (POS) integration, inventory management, and customer relationship management (CRM).
Here are some features you may want to consider when looking for accounting software:
1. Invoicing: The ability to create and send invoices to clients.
2. Expense tracking: The ability to track and manage business expenses, including employee expenses and vendor bills.
3. Tax preparation: The ability to prepare and file tax returns, including sales tax and payroll tax.
4. Bank and credit card integration: The ability to import and categorize transactions from bank and credit card accounts.
5. Budgeting and forecasting: The ability to create and manage budgets and forecast future financial performance.
6. Project management: The ability to track and manage projects, including project costs and billable hours.
7. Inventory management: The ability to track and manage inventory levels, including inventory purchases and sales.
8. Customer relationship management (CRM): The ability to manage customer information and interactions, including sales and support.
9. Time tracking: The ability to track employee time and attendance.
10. Reporting and analysis: The ability to generate financial reports and perform data analysis.
11. Security: The software should have robust security measures in place to protect your data.
12. Support and resources: The software should offer support and resources for users, such as user guides, tutorials, and customer support.
The cost of accounting software can vary greatly depending on the type of software and the features it offers. Some software is offered for free, while others may cost several hundred dollars or more per month.
Small business accounting software may cost anywhere from $10 to $50 per month for a basic plan, while more advanced plans can cost several hundred dollars per month.
ERP systems and other enterprise-level accounting software can be very expensive, with costs ranging from several thousand dollars to hundreds of thousands of dollars. These systems typically require a significant investment in terms of both time and money to implement and customize.
It's important to carefully consider your business's needs and budget when selecting accounting software. It may be worth investing in a more expensive software if it offers the features and support your business requires.
There are several certifications that can be helpful for individuals who use accounting software in their work. Some of the most common certifications include:
1. Certified Public Accountant (CPA): This is a professional certification for accountants who have passed a national exam and met state education and experience requirements. CPAs are qualified to provide a wide range of accounting services, including tax preparation and financial consulting.
2. Certified Management Accountant (CMA): This is a professional certification for individuals who work in management accounting, which involves the use of accounting information to make business decisions. To become a CMA, individuals must pass a national exam and meet education and experience requirements.
3. QuickBooks Certified User: This is a certification for individuals who have demonstrated proficiency in using QuickBooks, a popular small business accounting software. To become a QuickBooks Certified User, individuals must pass a certification exam.
While these certifications may be helpful for individuals who use accounting software in their work, they are not necessarily required to use the software. However, having a certification may demonstrate to potential employers or clients that an individual has a certain level of expertise in using accounting software.
We work primarily with QuickBooks and we offer a 30% discount for six months to clients that sign up using our affiliate link.